There are many tips and tricks you can follow to get the most out of your hearing aids and enhance the overall experience. The great thing about smartphones is that they can be used in conjunction with your hearing aids to improve your hearing quality.
When paired properly, your smartphone can provide you many benefits with your hearing aids, including:
- Stream phone calls from your phone through your hearing aids
- Stream audio to your hearing aids
- Monitor battery life
- Control hearing aid access
- Locate misplaced hearing aids
- Easily adjust hearing aid volume in one or both hearing aids
This is dependent upon the type of hearing aids you have, but this is just a taste of the capabilities between the two. It will also depend upon which phone you have. If you notice any issues with the connection between your smartphone and hearing aids, you’ll want to pair them again.
If you have an iPhone, follow these steps to pair your phone with your hearing aids:
- Make sure your Bluetooth setting is turned on
- Ensure the battery door is open on your hearing aids
- Go to Settings
- Go to Accessibility
- If you don’t see Accessibility, go to General then Accessibility
- Scroll down to MFi Hearing Devices or Hearing
- Your iPhone will begin searching for your hearing aids
- If the name of your hearing aids doesn’t appear, power off your hearing aids, then turn them back on OR open/close the battery doors. You can also hold the bottom button for 2-3 seconds and then the top button for 2-3 seconds.
- Select your name
- Select pair for the right hearing aid and the left hearing aid
If you are trying to repair your phone and hearing aids, you’ll want to select your name and then click “Forget this device” before going through the pairing process again.
If you have an Android, follow these steps to pair the device with your hearing aids:
- Install hearing aid app
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Search for your hearing aids
- Your phone will automatically begin to search for your hearing aids when Bluetooth is on.
- If you can’t find your hearing aids, turn your hearing aids on/off or open and close the battery doors.
- Connect your hearing aids by clicking “Pair”
- Wait for the app to connect
Do you still have questions about how to pair your smartphone and hearing aids? Check out the video explainer we created, below!